Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract Complaint in which the plaintiffs alleged that the defendants unlawfully and by force occupied part of the mining claim of Baldwin and Abernathie and mined six million dollars worth of silver ore. The collection contains material from February 9, 1878 created by the United States Circuit Court.
Abstract The Consolidated Virginia Mining Company (Con Virginia) in Virginia City, Nevada, was once the richest source of ore in the Comstock Lode. Mine operation records including reports, assay reports, ore and bullion statements, mill records, annual reports, bylaws, equipment specification books, legal records, resolutions, and account registers. Also included are records of the adjacent California Mining Company, the Consolidated California and Virginia Mining Company, and the C & C Shaft...
Overview Journalist Dan De Quille (pen name for William Wright) came to the west coast of the United States from Iowa and Ohio in 1859. Between the years 1859-1862, he and his brother, Hank, moved frequently around the gold mines and cities of northern California, the eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains, and western Nevada Territory. Included is a draft of De Quille's story Tom Collette's bath, a genealogical history of the Wright and Markley families, and letters sent to De Quille by James G. Fair, Amos J....
Abstract Gilligan's letter to Knight & Heggerty (attorneys) offered evidence against the claim of Nettie Craven who falsely alleged to be Fair's wife and stated that Fair's penciled will was false.
Abstract Gould and Curry Silver Mining Company was part of the Middle Mines of the Comstock Lode, Nevada, located in 1859, incorporated and in operation in 1860. Collection is chiefly letterpress books of weekly reports to the company officers in San Francisco from mine superintendents Louis Janin, Isaac Requa, James G. Fair, F. G. Osbiston, and Darin Bowie (1865-1885).,Also included are reports of operations (June 1888 to July 1889); a payroll list (February 1912); an agreement for consolidation of...
Abstract Included are research notes, correspondence, production tables, and clippings either about Smith's Comstock book or used by Smith to write his book.,Subjects researched include John W. Mackay, James G. Fair, business as well as technical aspects of mining in the Comstock Lode, details about individual mines, lists of production figures for the mines, data on the cost of production figures for the mines, data on the cost of living, and information on wood and water companies; typescripts of...
Overview Mackay, Fair and Company was one of the largest silver producing companies in the Comstock Lode, Nevada, owned by John W. Mackay and James G. Fair. Collection contains letterpress copybooks of outgoing correspondence and one volume of quicksilver cash receipts and disbursements, from 1871-1887.
Abstract The Pacific Mill and Mining Company was incorporated in August 1877 with W. S. O’Brien, J. G. Flood, James G. Fair, John Mackay, and Edward Barron as trustees. The company owned a number of other mills in the Comstock area including the Bacon Mill, Brunswick Mill, California Mill, California Pan Mill, Consolidated Mill, Mariposa Mill, Morgan Mill, Occidental Mill, Omega Mill, Rhode Island Mill, Trench Mill, and the Woodworth Mill/Ditch. Collection contains items from the many subsidiary...
Overview The Pacific Wood, Lumber and Flume Company was incorporated in January 1875 for the purpose of cutting timber and manufacturing lumber as well as developing flumes in northern Nevada. The collection contains records of operation, including titles of real estate and water rights, correspondence between trustees, a time book, account ledgers, articles of incorporation, and agreements with other companies.
- Names: Fair, James Graham X