Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: AC 0454
Overview Located on the University of Nevada, Reno campus, Fleischmann Planetarium was constructed as a community educational and cultural facility with a mission to present astronomical displays, meteorological displays, and educational programs to the northern Nevada community. Completed in 1963, it was billed as the world's first atmospherium. Collection primarily consists of materials created by the Planetarium that document programs, events, fundraising efforts, and interactions with the larger...
Identifier: AC 0556
Overview John M. Lilley served as the fourteenth president of the University of Nevada, Reno from 2001-2005. The collection consists of records created by the Office of the President during Lilley's term and includes material on accreditation, departments, and the general running of the university.
Identifier: AC 0484
Abstract The collection consists mainly of student term papers which were developed to be placed on a companion Website as a permanent online exhibit about the history of the University of Nevada. The topics covered include: Clarence Mackay, Marion Motley, Block N Society, Coffin and Keys, Fleischmann Planetarium, Wolf Pack Battalion, The Student record and Manzanita Lake.
- Names: Fleischmann Planetarium and Science Center X
- Athletics -- Nevada 1
- College sports -- Nevada 1
- Educational fund raising -- Nevada 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Lobbying -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Manzanita Lake (Reno, Nev.) -- History 1
- Motion pictures -- Production and direction -- Nevada 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- Nevada 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water diversion 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 1
- Washoe County (Nev.) 1 ∧ less