Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Florence Sanford Burdge (1912-1986) was a freelance writer, editor, and journalist in Reno, Nevada. The collection includes draft and published copies of Burge's writings as a freelance author and women's page editor; correspondence from readers and friends; correspondence and papers related to receiving the J. C. Penney -University of Missouri award for best women's pages; and unpublished biography of Noble Getchell. Material from 1955-1966.
The Getchell Library building served as the third home for the University of Nevada, Reno's main library from 1961 until 2008. It was demolished in December 2013 to make room for the new Pennington Student Achievement Center. The collection contains materials relating to the history of the building, including specifications, remodel information, and cornerstone dedication. Additionally, the time capsule from the demolition of the building is also included.
Reminiscences about Noble H. Getchell, Steiner's discovery of what became the Getchell mine, and his autobiography, 1927-1935.
- Names: Getchell, Noble Hamilton, 1875-1960 X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Arizona -- Politics and government 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Dan Tucker Mine (Nev.) 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Journalists -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Libraries -- Nevada 1
- Lost Cabin Mine (Calif.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- Buildings, structures, etc 1
- Time capsules -- Nevada 1
- Women authors -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Associated Students of the University of Nevada 1
- Balzar, Fredrick Bennett, 1880-1934 1
- Bank of Battle Mountain 1
- Betty O'Neal Mines 1
- Burge, Florence S., 1912-1986 1