Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Letterpress copy book of weekly reports of activities submitted by mine superintendent Whitman Symmes. Reports give number of men employed by occupation, cost of wages, and a descriptive summary of work.
Best and Belcher Mine, 540' long and part of the Middle Mines of the Comstock Lode, was staked in 1859. Records include letters, 1878-1880; a time book for 1907 (which also includes Hale and Norcross Mining Company times for 1916); a title abstract, 1863; an 1877 affidavit of work; list of company officers, 1890.