Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The Comstock Lode is a region on the eastern slope of Mt. Davidson in the Virginia Range of western Nevada. The area produced one of the largest silver lodes ever discovered. The map of Comstock Lode Extending Down Gold Canon was drawn by G. T. Brown, the San Francisco-based lithographer, and depicts Comstock Lode mine claims, locations of mills, and mining works in color.
Construction on the Kingsbury-McDonald Toll Road, which would eventually link the Carson Valley, Nevada to Placerville, California via Lake Valley (Lake Tahoe), began in late 1859 or early 1860. Collection contains 16 documents regarding the land acquisition and construction of the route.
Lawrence Marrow was resident of Candelaria, Nevada in 1893 who was planning on relocating to Independence, California in February 1893. The collection contains one letter written by Lawrence to his sister Elisha in Green Bay, Wisconsin regarding his feelings toward Nevada and experiences there.
Bill was a miner from Joplin, Missouri who left for Goldfield, Nevada in late March or early April 1907 to work in the mines. Collection contains one ten-page letter from Bill to wife, Kate, and daughter, Mary, in Joplin regarding how he is faring in Goldfield during a mining strike.
Stone House, Nevada was an unincorporated community in Humboldt County, Nevada, serving as a stop on the Overland Stage, and, later, as a stop for the Southern Pacific Railroad. A post office was briefly located there from 1890-1915. The collection contains one letter written by P.V.S. to Minnie from Stone House, Nelson Ranch in Humboldt County, Nevada.
- Names: Holabird Western Americana Collections, LLC X
- Personal correspondence 3
- Business correspondence 1
- Candelaria (Nev.) 1
- Carson River Valley (Nev.) 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) -- Mines and mining 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada -- McGill 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) 1
- Humboldt County (Nev.) -- History 1
- Maps 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Goldfield 1
- Mining machinery -- Design and construction 1
- Placerville (Calif.) 1
- Ranches -- Nevada 1
- Strikes and lockouts -- Miners -- Nevada -- Goldfield 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Grafton Tyler, 1841-1918 1
- Morrow, Lawrence 1
- Nevada Consolidated Copper Company 1