Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11

Arrowhead D Ranch Photograph Collection

 Collection
Identifier: NC1401
Abstract

The Arrowhead D Ranch was located at Sutcliff, Pyramid Lake, Nevada. It was owned by William Shepherd Dana and Ella Marian Lindley. The collection contains photographs of the ranch buildings, land surrounding the ranch, and individuals on horseback.

Dates: 1930s

Brown & Tassell Boots & Shoes Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: 2013-35
Abstract

The Brown & Tassell Boots & Shoes Company was owned by Conrad Brown and John Tassell and was located at 565 C Street, Virginia City, Nevada. The collection contains nine ledgers from the company documenting business transactions from 1872-1883.

Dates: 1872-1883

Carlin, Nevada Business Documents Collection

 Collection
Identifier: NC1418
Abstract

Carlin, Nevada is located in Elko County, Nevada. Major industries in and around Carlin are mining and ranching. The collection contains business receipts, payments, and one letter from individuals involved in business in and around Carlin, Nevada.

Dates: 1879

Map of Comstock Lode Extending Down Gold Canon

 Collection
Identifier: 2016-29
Abstract

The Comstock Lode is a region on the eastern slope of Mt. Davidson in the Virginia Range of western Nevada. The area produced one of the largest silver lodes ever discovered. The map of Comstock Lode Extending Down Gold Canon was drawn by G. T. Brown, the San Francisco-based lithographer, and depicts Comstock Lode mine claims, locations of mills, and mining works in color.

Dates: 1865

Kingsbury-McDonald Toll Road Construction Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC1331
Abstract

Construction on the Kingsbury-McDonald Toll Road, which would eventually link the Carson Valley, Nevada to Placerville, California via Lake Valley (Lake Tahoe), began in late 1859 or early 1860. Collection contains 16 documents regarding the land acquisition and construction of the route.

Dates: 1860-1867

Letter from Lawrence to Elisha Morrow

 Collection
Identifier: 2016-04
Abstract

Lawrence Marrow was resident of Candelaria, Nevada in 1893 who was planning on relocating to Independence, California in February 1893. The collection contains one letter written by Lawrence to his sister Elisha in Green Bay, Wisconsin regarding his feelings toward Nevada and experiences there.

Dates: January 19, 1893

Letter from Bill to Kate and Mary

 Collection
Identifier: 2016-05
Abstract

Bill was a miner from Joplin, Missouri who left for Goldfield, Nevada in late March or early April 1907 to work in the mines. Collection contains one ten-page letter from Bill to wife, Kate, and daughter, Mary, in Joplin regarding how he is faring in Goldfield during a mining strike.

Dates: April 5, 1907

Nevada Consolidated Copper Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC1376
Abstract On November 7, 1904, the Boston & Nevada Copper Company and the White Pine Copper Company merged to form the Nevada Consolidated Copper Company. As copper mining grew, company towns such as Ruth and McGill were created to house workers and their families. Housing, services, and public facilities provided in McGill were under the control of the Kennecott Copper Company. The Kennecott Corporation, once the world’s leading copper producer, declined at the end of the 20th century because of...
Dates: 1905-1998

Pyramid Lake Ranch Ephemera Collection

 Collection
Identifier: NC1417
Abstract

The Pyramid Lake Ranch was a guest ranch located at Sutcliffe, Nevada. It operated as a residency guest ranch for individuals seeking a divorce in Nevada. The collection contains ephemera produced by the ranch and an aerial photograph of a hill near Pyramid Lake.

Dates: 1927-circa 1950

Letter from Stone House, Nevada

 Collection
Identifier: NC1345
Abstract

Stone House, Nevada was an unincorporated community in Humboldt County, Nevada, serving as a stop on the Overland Stage, and, later, as a stop for the Southern Pacific Railroad. A post office was briefly located there from 1890-1915. The collection contains one letter written by P.V.S. to Minnie from Stone House, Nelson Ranch in Humboldt County, Nevada.

Dates: September 13, 1891