Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Abstract Nevada U.S. Senator, 1954-1974; District Attorney of Storey County, Nevada, 1935-1940; Nevada State Attorney General, 1942-1950. Contains material covering the period of Bible's career in the U.S. Senate, 1954-1974. A large part concerns legislation introduced or sponsored by Alan Bible also legislation affecting Nevadans. Correspondence from Nevadans requesting help or information on legislative topics is another major part of the collection.
Overview Melvin Brunetti served as a 9th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge beginning in 1985, and also acted as attorney to Paul Laxalt during Laxalt’s Nevada senatorial race in 1974. Brunetti practiced law in Carson City and Reno and served as President of the State Bar of Nevada in 1985. Collection includes materials from the 1974 Laxalt/Reid Senatorial race recount. Other materials are from his tenure as President of the State Bar of Nevada, including his involvement with Nevada School of Law at Old...
Abstract Program for a special live broadcast featuring four former and one current Nevada governors discussing their experiences.
Identifier: AC 0647
Overview The Charles Greenhaw Papers consist of his unpublished manuscript about the history of community colleges in Nevada :People's Colleges. The manuscript includes transcriptions of oral histories of people who could share information about how Nevada's community colleges were created. These contributors include: Paul Laxalt, Helen Harris, P. Michael Marfisi, Paul Sawyer, Norman Glaser, Hugh Collett, Burnell Larson, Bill Wunderlich, Frederick Anderson, Sue Ballew, Delna Day, Pepper Sturm, Jr.; Amy...
Identifier: AC 0264
Abstract One scrapbook with invitation, program, and photographs taken during the dedication. Photographs include Paul Laxalt and his brother, Nevada author Robert Laxalt. The program includes a biography of Paul Laxalt, and a brief history of the Mackay School of Mines by James V. Taranik.
Overview Paul Laxalt (1922-2018) was a politician from Nevada and the first Basque-American senator. The collection covers Laxalt's career as a U. S. Senator from Nevada from 1974 until his resignation effective January 3, 1987. Files are comprised of materials retained from offices in Carson City, Reno, Las Vegas, and Washington, D.C., as well as materials retained from Senator Laxalt's time as the chair for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaigns in 1976, 1980, and 1984 and includes correspondence,...
Abstract Manuscripts, reviews, correspondence, printed material, personal and family papers of Nevada author Paul Laxalt between 1936-1996;1950-1985.
Identifier: AC 0027
Abstract Some records pre-date the establishment of the office, but are from the Board of Regents office and contain information utilized by the chancellor. Records include information on significant events, administrators, programs and proposals, donors and community groups.
Abstract Bulletins from Paul Laxalt’s press office, clippings about Paul Laxalt and news and articles about Robert Laxalt. It also includes a tape, slides, photographs, posters, festival schedules and press clippings of the Basque dances group "Oraï-bat" from Bayonne.
Abstract Letters written by Robertson to Nevada's U. S. Senators and Representatives, and their responses to him. Subjects include the military, taxation, campaign finance ethics, Social Security, foreign policy, arms and gun control, wilderness and Nevada issues.
- Names: Laxalt, Paul X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 7
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. Jon Bilbao Basque Library 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 3
- Basque Americans -- Nevada 2
- Politicians -- Nevada 2
- Adult education -- Administration 1
- Adult education -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Adult education and state 1
- Authors, American -- Nevada -- 20th century 1
- Basques -- Nevada 1
- Conservatism—United States—History—20th century 1
- Elections -- Nevada 1
- Elko daily free press 1
- Elko independent 1
- Governors -- Nevada -- Interviews 1
- Law schools -- Accreditation 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Politicians -- California 1
- Politics, Practical 1
- Presidential candidates—United States—History 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Protest movements -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada 1 ∧ less