Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Robert Leland (1912-1986) was a Nevada lawyer who worked closely with Washoe and Paiute native americans. Material in the collection is exclusively concerned with issues of American Indians, mainly the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe. Correspondence, notes, reports, legal documents, printed material, tribal records and maps relate to Pyramid Lake Paiute tribal concerns including water, economic development and Indian claims.
Abstract Pacific Wood, Lumber and Flume Company was a lumber company incorporated in 1875 for purposes of cutting, fluming, and manufacturing lumber and wood in eastern California and western Nevada; also to buy and sell real estate. In 1907 the company forfeited rights to transact business in California and was subsequently purchased in 1972 by Robert Leland. Correspondence, deeds, minutes, agreements, appraisal reports, land patents, and maps related to Leland's acquisition of the company's property,...
Abstract Includes legal briefs in the case of the U.S. and Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe vs Truckee-Carson Irrigation District; correspondence, reports and notes on the California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe, much of which was authored by Robert Leland; material on the Newlands Project; legal briefs in the case of the U.S. vs the Alpine Land and Reservoir Company; minutes of the Pyramid Lake Task Force; and materials related to deeding water rights to the tribe, from 1969-1979.
- Names: Leland, Robert ((Nevada lawyer)) X
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 2
- California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe 1
- Flumes 1
- Fuller Lake (Nev.) 1
- Indians of North America -- Nevada 1
- Lawyers -- Nevada 1
- Lumber trade -- Nevada 1
- Paiute Indians 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Indian Reservation (Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Verdi (Nev.) 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water resources development -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1
- Water rights -- Nevada 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1 ∧ less