Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Material in the collection is exclusively concerned with issues of American Indians, mainly the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe. Correspondence, notes, reports, legal documents, printed material, tribal records and maps relate to Pyramid Lake Paiute tribal concerns including water, economic development and Indian claims.
Abstract Correspondence, deeds, minutes, agreements, appraisal reports, land patents, and maps related to Leland's acquisition of the company's property, his sale of timber and land; and to Leland's property at Fuller Lake, near Verdi, Nevada.
Abstract Includes legal briefs in the case of the U.S. and Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe vs Truckee-Carson Irrigation District; correspondence, reports and notes on the California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe, much of which was authored by Robert Leland; material on the Newlands Project; legal briefs in the case of the U.S. vs the Alpine Land and Reservoir Company; minutes of the Pyramid Lake Task Force; and materials related to deeding water rights to the tribe.
- Names: Leland, Robert ((Nevada lawyer)) X
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 2
- California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe 1
- Flumes 1
- Fuller Lake (Nev.) 1
- Indians of North America -- Nevada 1
- Lawyers -- Nevada 1
- Lumber trade -- Nevada 1
- Paiute Indians 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Indian Reservation (Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Verdi (Nev.) 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water resources development -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1
- Water rights -- Nevada 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1 ∧ less