Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Identifier: AC 0645
Overview Collection includes original blueprints and drawings of remodeling work for various University buildings during the twentieth century.
Identifier: AC 0433
Overview The DeLaMare Library opened in 1997 in the Mackay School of Mines buildings. It combined the mining, geology, computer science, and engineering resources of the University of Nevada, Reno. The collection includes records related to the planning, funding, and construction of DeLaMare Library including correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, planning records, architectural drawings, specifications and other construction records, promotional material, photographs, and miscellaneous related...
Overview John A. Fulton was a mining engineer and director of the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno. The collection includes papers and speeches presented by Fulton, chiefly on mining in Nevada and Grass Valley, California; correspondence on mining matters; and microfilm of a scrapbook.
Overview Vincent Paul Gianella (1886-1983) was a professor in the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno from 1915-1925 and again from 1935-1952. The collection contains correspondence, field notes, subject files, geologic reports, printed materials, maps, photographs related to Gianella's research in Nevada geology and earthquakes, his work at the Mackay School of Mines, and to routes of John C. Fremont and other early explorers of Nevada.
Identifier: AC 0264
Abstract One scrapbook with invitation, program, and photographs taken during the dedication. Photographs include Paul Laxalt and his brother, Nevada author Robert Laxalt. The program includes a biography of Paul Laxalt, and a brief history of the Mackay School of Mines by James V. Taranik.
Dates: May 17, 1986
Identifier: AC 0074
Abstract Edward R. Larson joined the geology faculty, University of Nevada, Reno, in 1949, and served as department chairman, 1952-1966. He was a graduate of Columbia University, and before coming to Nevada, was employed by the U.S. Geological Survey, Alaska Branch, and taught at the Missouri School of Mines. His primary fields of interest were stratigraphy and structural geology. This collection consists of general correspondence with other geologists and graduate students concerning geologic...
Identifier: AC 0483
Overview In 2008, the Mackay School of Mines celebrated its centennial with a gala celebration held at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada on April 26, 2008. The collection contains materials created for the celebration.
Identifier: AC 0363
Overview The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. The collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.
Identifier: NUB 30/02
Scope and Contents Annual and Biennial reports.
- Names: Mackay School of Mines X
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 19
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 4
- College buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Academic libraries -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Architects -- Nevada 1
- Architecture -- Nevada 1
- College personnel management 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada -- Elko County 1
- Donner Pass (Calif.) 1
- Earthquakes -- Nevada 1
- Fort Peck Dam (Mont.) -- Tunnels 1
- Galena Creek Bridge (Nev.) 1
- Geologists -- Nevada 1
- Geology -- Great Basin 1
- Geology -- Nevada 1
- Geology -- Nevada -- Eagle Springs 1
- Geology -- Nevada -- Nye County 1
- Geology -- New York (State) -- Rondout 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) 1
- Law enforcement -- Nevada 1
- Little Valley (Washoe County, Nev.) 1
- Malones (Calif.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- California 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Mono Craters Tunnel (Calif.) 1
- Mountain City Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Nevada -- Description and travel 1
- Nurses -- Education -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Ranches -- Nevada 1
- Springfield (Mass.) 1
- Stead Air Force Base (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tunneling -- California 1
- Tunneling -- Nevada 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Video recordings -- VHS 1
- Vocational education -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1 ∧ less