Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
John A. Fulton was a mining engineer and director of the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno. The collection includes papers and speeches presented by Fulton, chiefly on mining in Nevada and Grass Valley, California; correspondence on mining matters; and microfilm of a scrapbook.
In 2008, the Mackay School of Mines celebrated its centennial with a gala celebration held at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada on April 26, 2008. The collection contains materials created for the celebration.
The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. The collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 1
- Donner Pass (Calif.) 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Malones (Calif.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- California 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Crowley, Joseph N., 1933-2017 1
- Fulton, John Allen, 1878-1939 1
- Hawkins, Robert M. 1
- Mackay School of Earth Sciences and Engineering 1
- Mackay family 1