Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Vincent Paul Gianella (1886-1983) was a professor in the Mackay School of Mines at the University of Nevada, Reno from 1915-1925 and again from 1935-1952. The collection contains correspondence, field notes, subject files, geologic reports, printed materials, maps, photographs related to Gianella's research in Nevada geology and earthquakes, his work at the Mackay School of Mines, and to routes of John C. Fremont and other early explorers of Nevada.
Abstract The John A. Fulton Papers include papers and speeches presented by Fulton, chiefly on mining in Nevada and Grass Valley, California; correspondence on mining matters; and microfilm of a scrapbook.
Abstract Includes 1931 Rio Tinto Copper Company prospectus and a speech that S. F. Hunt gave 28 March 1935 to University of Nevada, Reno, faculty and members of the Crucible Club, a club for student mining engineers.
Abstract Includes student reports and technical drawings from their summer work.
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada -- Elko County 1
- Donner Pass (Calif.) 1
- Earthquakes -- Nevada 1
- Fort Peck Dam (Mont.) -- Tunnels 1
- Galena Creek Bridge (Nev.) 1
- Geologists -- Nevada 1
- Geology -- Nevada 1
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) 1
- Malones (Calif.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- California 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Mono Craters Tunnel (Calif.) 1
- Mountain City Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Nevada -- Description and travel 1
- Springfield (Mass.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tunneling -- California 1
- Tunneling -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1 ∧ less