Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: AC 0043
The Nevada Cooperative Extension Service is one of the three branches of agricultural education. Founded in Nevada as a result of the Smith-Lever Act of 1914, it organized scores of clubs for young people that were the predecessor of the 4-H Club, and worked closely with the Nevada Farm Bureau. In 1938, The Nevada Farm Bureau and the Extension Service purchased a tract of land at Tahoe; a camp was established on the property owned by the state, paid for by the counties, and managed by the...
- Names: Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Cooperative Extension Service
- Subject: Camps -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.)