Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Complaint in the case of Allison (Eilley Orrum) Bowers, executrix of the last will of L. S. (Sandy) Bowers vs the Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company and the Union Consolidated Silver Mining Company, alleging that the defendants infringed on her mining claim in Virginia City.
This report includes an historical sketch of the Comstock Lode at Virginia City, Nevada; production history of the Consolidated Virginia Mine; geology; previous exploration; and opportunities for exploration. Created by graduate engineer student, Robert Eli Kendall, between 1950-1952; 1968.
The Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company was part of the North End Mines of the Comstock Lode. The initial claim of 100 feet was staked in 1859. Collection includes business records of the company's mining operations, including reports (weekly and annual), letters, accounts of expenditures and proceeds, and legal materials, 1876-1923.
- North End Mines (Nev.) 2
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- California Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 2
- Consolidated Virginia Mining Company 2
- Ophir Silver Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 2
- Union Consolidated Silver Mining Company 2
- Bowers, Allison, 1824-1903 1