Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Includes materials by or about Sam Davis and his family, the Corbett-Fitzsimmons boxing match, Thomas Fitch, Thomas P. Brown, Henry R. Mighels, Robert O'Brien, Theodore Winters, Lake Tahoe, and the Western States Exploration Company.,Microfilm contains materials from family scrapbook.
Husband and wife Henry "Harry" Rust (-1879) and Nellie Verrill Mighels (1844-1945) were from Norway, Maine. Harry became owner of the Carson (City) Daily Appeal in 1865. They married in 1866 after a lengthy courtship by mail. The collection primarily contains correspondence between Nellie and Henry before their marriage.
- Boxing matches -- Nevada 1
- Carson City (Nev.) -- History 1
- Carson daily appeal 1
- Norway (Me. : Town) -- History 1
- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- United States -- Personal narratives -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Biography 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Thomas P. (Thomas Pollok), 1879- 1
- Corbett, James J., 1866-1933 1
- Crowell, Lucy Davis, 1881-1978 1
- Davis, Robert P. 1
- Davis, Sam P. (Sam Post), 1850-1918 1