Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: AC 0562
Abstract Robert E. Blesse was born in Oakland, California, and obtained an M.A. in English from California State University, Chico, and a Masters of Library and Information Science from UCLA. He was director of the Special Collections Department in the University Libraries for 25 years and also director of the Black Rock Press, an internationally recognized book arts program that teaches the history, art and craft of finely printed books and publishes hand printed, limited edition books, broadsides and...
Identifier: AC 0575
Abstract The University of Nevada, Reno, was a member of the Big Sky Conference from 1979-1992, and was in Division I-AA. When it became a member of the Big West Conference in 1992, it moved up to Division I-A. In 2000, it joined the Western Athletic Conference (WAC), and later became a member of the Mountain West Conference in 2012. Records include athletes' flyers, game programs, histories of sports at the University; information about University President Joe Crowley's term as NCAA President,...
Identifier: AC 0052
Overview The president is the chief administrative officer of the University of Nevada, Reno. Duties and responsibilities are prescribed by the Board of Regents and may be assisted in the conduct of the duties of the office by vice-presidents and other administrators. The president may also establish and appoint boards and committees. In 1965-1968, the position title was "Chancellor" instead of "President." The collection contains correspondence, reports, campus publications, and other records from the...
Identifier: AC 0556
Overview John Mark Lilley was born on March 24, 1939, in Converse, Louisiana, the son of a Baptist minister. He graduated from Baylor University in 1964 with bachelor's degrees in music education and church music and a master's degree in music. He then worked at the University of Southern California and entered its doctoral program. He taught at The Claremont Colleges from 1966-1976, completing his Ph.D. in music from USC in 1971. John M. Lilley served as the fourteenth president of the University of...
Identifier: AC 0548
Overview The Records of the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, Joseph N. Crowley consist of administrative files, bylaws, correspondence, planning documents, and material about academic units, the Board of Regents, campus committees, and university athletics, as well as reports. Correspondents include U. S. Senators Richard Bryan and Harry Reid and Nevada Attorney General Frankie Sue Del Papa. Among the reports are the 1999 Core Curriculum Program Review and various accreditation reports....
Identifier: AC 0610
Abstract The Wolf Pack Edge Collection includes media guides and marketing material for several University Wolf Pack sports, athletes, and coaches; the first two issues of "The Total Pack Edge" newspaper, along with master pages and covers for some of its issues; transcripts of some of its articles; business records; and biographical information about founder and publisher Ken Moen. Included are CDs and zip disks containing varied content from the newspaper.
- Names: National Collegiate Athletic Association X
- Athletics -- Nevada 3
- College sports -- Nevada 3
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 3
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 2
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 2
- Basketball 1
- Campus police -- Nevada 1
- College buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- College personnel management 1
- Law enforcement -- Nevada 1
- Little Valley (Washoe County, Nev.) 1
- Lobbying -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Nurses -- Education -- Nevada 1
- Pharmacy -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- Prints 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Ranches -- Nevada 1
- Scholarships -- Nevada 1
- Sports for women -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Stead Air Force Base (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Students -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- Nevada 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water diversion 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Mascots 1
- Vocational education -- Nevada 1
- Washoe County (Nev.) 1 ∧ less