Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview James Edward Church, Jr.(1869-1959) was a Ph.D and classics professor at the University of Reno, Nevada. Collection contains Church's personal and professional correspondence to and from people and organizations connected with snow surveying, notes, reports, manuscripts (published and unpublished); also personal mementos, diaries, maps and artifacts. Also included is Florence Humphrey Church's correspondence with the Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs.
Abstract Willis Humphry Church was a Reno, Nevada architect. Landscape designs for a proposed Nevada Art Gallery in Reno include topographic maps of the neighborhood, "basic maps," and existing and proposed landscaping. Some of the surveying work was done by Horace P. Boardman. This gallery was never built (1931-1952).
Abstract Includes minutes (incomplete); agendas, treasurers' reports; newsletters; membership rolls and applications; programs and lists of participants in art shows; newspaper clippings about events; and report, programs, and announcements of the Nevada Art Gallery, Reno, Nevada.
Identifier: AC 0027
Overview The office of the Chancellor was created in 1968, with the position serving as main administrative coordinator for the Board of Regents. With the growth of two campuses and the Desert Research Institute, it divided the authority and responsibility between the chancellor and the presidents. The collection includes records and information on significant events, administrators, programs and proposals, donors and community groups.
Overview Maude Sawin Taylor (1889-1974) was a teacher, organizer, civic leader, and author. The collection includes correspondence to and from Taylor, her husband Chester C. Taylor, Ruth Torkelson, and James Edward Church; newspaper clippings, photographs, awards, and notes; and correspondence, financial records and newsletters of some twenty civic organizations and the First Baptist Church of Reno, Nevada.
- Names: Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.) X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 4
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Architecture 1
- Art -- Nevada 1
- Artists -- Nevada 1
- Clubs -- Nevada 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Greenland -- Discovery and exploration 1
- Humboldt River (Nev.) 1
- Hydrology -- Argentina 1
- Hydrology -- Research 1
- Landscape architects -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Landscape architecture -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Meteorology -- Observations 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Protest movements -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Secret societies -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Climate 1
- Snow -- Measurement 1
- Snow surveys -- California 1
- Snow surveys -- Nevada 1
- Snow surveys -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Soda Springs (Calif.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Washoe County Water Conservation District (Nev.) 1
- Women -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less