Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview James Edward Church, Jr.(1869-1959) was a Ph.D and classics professor at the University of Reno, Nevada. Collection contains Church's personal and professional correspondence to and from people and organizations connected with snow surveying, notes, reports, manuscripts (published and unpublished); also personal mementos, diaries, maps and artifacts. Also included is Florence Humphrey Church's correspondence with the Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs.
Overview Literary club based out of Gardnerville, Nevada and founded in 1916 for “the education of the members, the bettering of the home, the uplifting of the community, and the betterment of all things which lie in womans [sic] sphere of life, liberty and the enjoyment of happiness.” Collection includes constitutions, bylaws, minutes, programs, scrapbook of clippings about the club, and club history in the form of member biographies, obituaries, and programs and photographs of special events.
Abstract Records primarily include constitution and bylaws, programs of annual meetings, and financial documents. The collection contains material from 1920-1964 created by the Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs.
Abstract The Parent-Teacher Association of Reno, Nevada was a group of parents and teachers organized to promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, church, and community. The Southside P.T.A. was established in 1912 as the Southside Mothers' Club. Collection contains records, primarily of the Southside P.T.A., include minutes, bylaws, financial reports, material from the "Last Ditch" campaign to cover or fence open canals in Reno, materials from the Nevada Governor's Committee on the...
Abstract The Reno Women's Civic Club was a local branch of Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs; organized in 1944 to take an active interest in civic affairs. Collection contains yearbooks for 1958-1959 and 1959-1960 include club history, list of officers and members, and constitution and by-laws.
- Names: Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs X
- Women -- Societies and clubs 2
- Canals -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Clubs -- Nevada 1
- Clubs -- Nevada -- Gardnerville 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Ditches 1
- Education -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Gardnerville (Nev.) -- Societies, etc. 1
- Greenland -- Discovery and exploration 1
- Humboldt River (Nev.) 1
- Hydrology -- Argentina 1
- Hydrology -- Research 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. -- Nevada -- Gardnerville 1
- Meteorology -- Observations 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Climate 1
- Snow -- Measurement 1
- Snow surveys -- California 1
- Snow surveys -- Nevada 1
- Snow surveys -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Soda Springs (Calif.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Women -- Nevada 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1 ∧ less