Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Robert A. Allen was born on May 16, 1886 in Pueblo, Colorado. He received his education there and also at the University of Nevada, Reno where he studied electrical engineering and graduated in 1915. He served as an assistant state engineer under J.G. Scrugham and was subsequently appointed by Governor Scrugham to the post of state engineer, 1923-1927. Following a period of private engineering practice in Carson City, Allen served as federal public works administrator from 1933 until...
University of Nevada, Reno, Bureau of Governmental Research Collection of Pyramid Lake Water Controversy Records
Abstract The collection includes legal briefs in the case of the U.S. and Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe vs. Truckee-Carson Irrigation District; correspondence, reports and notes on the California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe, much of which was authored by Robert Leland; material on the Newlands Project; legal briefs in the case of the U.S. vs the Alpine Land and Reservoir Company; minutes of the Pyramid Lake Task Force; and materials related to deeding water rights to the tribe, from...
- California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water rights -- Nevada 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Allen, Robert A., 1885-1968 1
- Colorado River Commission 1
- Dangberg, Henry F. 1
- Leland, Robert (Nevada lawyer) 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1