Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Information packet distributed to guests at the mine's dedication includes history of the mine, details of the cyanide process for extracting gold, newspaper article, annual reports for Newmont, press releases, itinerary, and photos.
Deep Mines Operation, a mining company owned by Newmont Mining Corporation, was established in Goldfield, Nevada in the 1940s. The collection contains purchase orders, assays, employee withholding statements, a mechanical brochure, and accident reports and mine safety meeting minutes from 1947-1950.
Marion S. Fisher was a businessman, civic leader, and miner in Battle Mountain, Nevada. The collection includes materials related to the purchase, development, and operation by Fisher of the Bootstrap Mine in Elko County, Nevada, and its eventual sale to Newmont Mining Corporation.
The Gray Eagle Copper Company, a copper mining company in Nevada’s Goldfield District, was owned by Newmont Mining Corporation. The collection contains the 1946 employment record for one employee, Oscar J. Berscheid.
The John W. Mackay statue and the Mackay School of Mines building, were originally dedicated on June 10, 1908 in honor of John W. Mackay by his wife and his son, Marie Louise Mackay and Clarence Hungerford Mackay. Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. The collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a mining company whose mines in Carlin, Nevada are among the largest in the United States. Materials distributed at the 30th anniversary celebration of the development of Newmont's claims at the Carlin Trend, in north central Nevada. Included are a history of development; 1994 annual report; maps of the mines; and biographical sketches of company officials Gordon R. Parker and Ronald C. Cambre (1995).
- Names: Newmont Mining Corporation X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 5
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 3
- Goldfield (Nev.) 2
- Goldfield Mining District (Nev.) 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Esmeralda County 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Goldfield 2
- Bootstrap Mine (Carlin, Nev.) 1
- Carlin (Nev.) 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Carlin 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Esmeralda County 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Goldfield 1
- Students -- Nevada -- Reno 1 ∧ less
- Cambre, Ronald C. 1
- Carlin Gold Mining Company 1
- Crowley, Joseph N., 1933-2017 1
- Deep Mines Operation 1
- Fisher, Marion S., 1904- 1
- Gibbons, Jim, 1944- 1
- Gray Eagle Copper Company 1
- Hawkins, Robert M. 1
- Mackay School of Mines 1
- Mackay, Clarence H. (Clarence Hungerford), 1874-1938 1
- Mackay, Gwen 1
- Miller, Bob 1
- Nevada Mining Association 1
- Oster, Daniel P. 1
- Parker, Gordon R. 1
- Tyson, John (Journalist) 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Upward Bound Program 1
- Upward Bound Program (U.S.) 1 ∧ less