Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Overview In 2011, the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) initiated a comprehensive study of the entire Fourth Street-Prater Way corridor in Reno and Sparks, Nevada, intending to improve not only public transportation in the area but safety and livability. The oral history portion of the project served the dual purpose of documenting the corridor’s past and expanding public participation in planning its future. The collection contains transcripts, audio files, digital photographs, signed copyright...
Identifier: AC 0554
Overview Dr. Milton D. Glick was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on July 30, 1937. He obtained his doctorate degree in chemistry at the University of Wisconsin in Madison and married Peggy Porter in 1965. Dr. Glick joined the chemistry faculty at Wayne State University in Detroit, where he eventually became Chair of the Department of Chemistry and published 99 research articles. The Records of the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, Milton D. Glick, include bylaws, capital improvement studies,...
Overview The Midtown History Project was initiated by the Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County (RTC) in 2015 as part of its Virginia Street Bus RAPID Transit Extension Project. The collection contains transcripts, audio files, digital photographs, and copyright forms for the Midtown Oral History Project from 2015 to 2019.
- Names: Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 2
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Oral histories 2
- Engineering -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- National Collegiate Athletic Association 1
- Nevada -- History, local 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- Anecdotes -- History 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- History 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- Politics and government 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water diversion 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Walker River (Nev.) 1
- Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Site 1 ∧ less