Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Richard Hudson Bryan is an American attorney and politician who served as a United States Senator from Nevada from 1989 to 2001. A Democrat, Bryan served as the 25th Governor of Nevada from 1983 to 1989, and before that served as the state's attorney general and a member of the State Senate. Collection contains material covering Richard Bryan's campaign for and career in the U. S. Senate,1989-2001, following his time as Nevada's governor. The bulk of the papers come from his second term in the...
Dates: 1971-2002; Majority of material found within 1989 - 2001
Overview The collection consists primarily of materials created and/or used by Ford during her years as Nevada state legislator and during the operation of her businesses. Additional materials include personal papers, and course materials from her role as instructor in the Women’s Studies Program at UNR. A series which was added in 1996 contains materials about the many organizations and committees she has been involved with in her professional career.
Abstract Program for a special live broadcast featuring four former and one current Nevada governors discussing their experiences.
Dates: April 14, 1993
Identifier: AC 0554
Overview Dr. Milton D. Glick was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on July 30, 1937. He obtained his doctorate degree in chemistry at the University of Wisconsin in Madison and married Peggy Porter in 1965. Dr. Glick joined the chemistry faculty at Wayne State University in Detroit, where he eventually became Chair of the Department of Chemistry and published 99 research articles. The Records of the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, Milton D. Glick, include bylaws, capital improvement studies,...
Abstract Letters and cards received by Maughan and his wife Carolyn M. Maughan in response to letters sent by the Maughans. The collection contains material from 1963-1989 created by Jack J. Maughan.
Abstract Proclamation by Nevada Governor Richard H. Bryan declaring the week of March 4-10, 1984, as Nevada Women's History Week.
Dates: March 2, 1984
Overview Joseph H. Robertson was a Reno, Nevada resident and professor of range management at the University of Nevada, Reno. The collection contains letters written by Robertson to Nevada's U.S. Senators and Representatives, and their responses to him. Subjects include the military, taxation, campaign finance ethics, Social Security, foreign policy, arms and gun control, wilderness and Nevada issues.
- Names: Richard H. Bryan X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 6
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 3
- Women -- Nevada 2
- Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Site 2
- Businesswomen -- Nevada 1
- Court administration -- Nevada 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- Gambling -- Government policy -- United States 1
- Gambling -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Gambling industry -- Government policy -- United States 1
- Governors -- Nevada -- Interviews 1
- Hazardous waste sites -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Archives 1
- National Collegiate Athletic Association 1
- Natural resources conservation areas -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Nevada Women's History Week 1
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- Politics and government 1
- Tourism -- Nevada 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water diversion 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Walker River (Nev.) 1
- Wilderness areas -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women executives -- Nevada 1
- Women government executives -- Nevada 1
- Women's studies -- Nevada 1
- Yucca Mountain (Nev.) 1 ∧ less