Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: AC 0194
Abstract The College of Engineering Engineer's Day and Commencement Speakers collection consists of six lp albums, one audiocassette, and one audio disk of the March 1941 Engineering Day program and the May 12, 1941 commencement. Electrical engineering professor Irving Sandorf served as announcer for the Engineer's Day program. Speakers included University President Leon W. Hartman, Henry McNamara, graduating seniors Cyril D. "Cy" Ham and Byron S. Hardie and junior year student William Richter....
Abstract Irving Jesse Sandorf was a professor and chair of the Electrical Engineering Department of Nevada, Reno. He developed an energy conversation code for the State of Nevada. Included are minutes and reports from the Nevada Commission on Aging; correspondence and research notes on the development of a practical electrical car; correspondence on research materials for the development of the Nevada energy conservation code; reports on technical investigations for clients; a copy of his master's...
- Names: Sandorf, Irving Jesse X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Automobiles -- Electric equipment 1
- Electrical engineering -- Experiments 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- Nuclear weapons -- Testing -- Nevada 1
- Older people -- Government policy -- Nevada 1