Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract Newspaper clippings about Nevada Congressman Walter Baring (democrat) include articles about Baring, his personal appearances, and his politics.
Overview Thomas Arthur "Tom" Cooke was a prominent and well-respected lawyor in Reno. He married Martha Patricia "Patty" Herz, while in college at the University of Nevada in the early 1940s. The Cooke family was involved in a variety of environmental, recreational, and historic preservation projects and initiatives that sought to improve northern Nevada. Materials cover some aspects of the lives and careers of members of the Cooke and Herz families. Topics include Democratic politics in Nevada, Washoe...
Abstract Program for a special live broadcast featuring four former and one current Nevada governors discussing their experiences.
Identifier: AC 0295
Abstract This collection contains files on honorary degree and distinguished Nevada recipients, 1937-1969. The information includes brief biographical sketches of the recipients, correspondence, and photographs.
Identifier: AC 0027
Abstract Some records pre-date the establishment of the office, but are from the Board of Regents office and contain information utilized by the chancellor. Records include information on significant events, administrators, programs and proposals, donors and community groups.
Abstract Vail Montgomery Pittman was a Nevada newspaperman, State Senator (1925-1929), Lieutenant Governor (1943-1945), Governor (1945-1950), and Democratic National Committeeman from Nevada (1955-1961). Married to Ida Brewington, 1919; brother of Nevada U.S. Senator Key Pittman. Papers, primarily correspondence, are to Pittman from personal, business, and political associates. Major correspondents include Alan Bible, Berkeley Bunker, Pat McCarran, Lester Moody, Drew Pearson, Key Pittman, Mimosa (Mrs....
Abstract Biographical sketch describes Sawyer's education; facts about the Sawyers' early married life and birth of their daughter, Gail Louise; list of Mrs. Sawyer's club activities; and information about one of her projects as first lady of Nevada.
Abstract Included are newspaper clippings from Nevada newspapers documenting Sawyer's years as governor; certificates; photographs; paintings; plaques; and artifacts such as campaign hats, ribbon cutting scissors, flags, and small statues.
Identifier: AC 0009
Abstract Documentation on the purchase of Stead Air Force base; proposal and establishment of the Nevada Technical Institute; and records of James T. Anderson, a member of the University committee on Stead Air Force Base, with correspondence, memorandums, reports, press clippings, photographs and a copy of a speech by governor Grant Sawyer on education in Nevada.
- Names: Sawyer, Grant X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 6
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 3
- Nevada -- Politics and government 4
- Clippings 3
- Business correspondence 2
- Governors -- Nevada 2
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Personal correspondence 2
- African Americans -- History -- Nevada 1
- Air bases -- Nevada 1
- Ely daily times (1920) 1
- Governors -- Nevada -- Election 1
- Governors -- Nevada -- Interviews 1
- Governors' spouses -- Nevada 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Nevada 1
- Land use -- Planning -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Nevada -- Newspapers 1
- Nevada -- Race relations 1
- Operation Haylift, 1949 -- Nevada 1
- Paintings 1
- Parks -- Planning -- Nevada 1
- Political campaigns -- Nevada 1
- Politicians -- Nevada 1
- Protest movements -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Public welfare -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Realia 1
- Regional planning -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Reno (Nev.) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Stead Air Force Base (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Technical education -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) -- History 1 ∧ less