Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: AC 0295
Abstract The first honorary degree was awarded in 1888, to Hannah K. Clapp. In the minutes of the Board of Regents, Aug. 15, 1888, is recorded that "Upon Resolution it was ordered that the degree of M.A. be conferred upon Professor Hannah K. Clapp by the Board of Regents." This collection contains files on honorary degree and distinguished Nevada recipients, 1937-1969. The information includes brief biographical sketches of the recipients, correspondence, and photographs.
Identifier: AC 0009
Overview In 1964, General University Extension developed a technical program offering two year associate degrees in several occupational fields. In 1965, Stead Air Force Base, located north of Reno, was closed. The University, wishing to acquire parts of the facility for University and community use, successfully proposed using the Stead facilities for establishing the Nevada Technical Institute (NTI). By 1971, though, other Nevada colleges had absorbed these programs, and the scope of General...
Identifier: AC 0027
Overview The office of the Chancellor was created in 1968, with the position serving as main administrative coordinator for the Board of Regents. With the growth of two campuses and the Desert Research Institute, it divided the authority and responsibility between the chancellor and the presidents. The collection includes records and information on significant events, administrators, programs and proposals, donors and community groups.