Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection consists of flyers and brochures announcing exhibits at the Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, undated-1989, and Art Department bulletins and newsletters, 1963-1990. Newsletters include: Art Forum, 1963-1967; Contact, 1967-1977; News from the Art Club, 1981-1983; and Preview, 1976-1990. Among the exhibit items is a description of the inaugural exhibition in the Church Fine Arts Building, with a foreword by J. Craig Sheppard, artist and Chair of the Department of Art.
Walter McNamara (1939- ) is an artist who specializes in found material sculpture and collage. His art has been exhibited across the United States, especially in Nevada. This collection consists of announcements for his exhibitions held from 1968 to 2009 in the form of flyers and posters, a Nevada Museum of Art show catalog (1994) as well as other information regarding awards and projects with which he has been involved.
The Church Fine Arts Gallery's name was changed to the Yolande and Craig Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery and was referred to as the Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery. Located in the Church Fine Arts Complex, it is the site for exhibits of visiting professional artists. The name of the gallery was changed to the Sheppard Contemporary in the spring of 2013. The Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery Records consist of a letter, exhibit booklets and marketing material for exhibits.
- Names: Sheppard Fine Art Gallery X
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 1
- Artists -- Nevada -- 20th century 2
- Exhibitions -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Art -- Exhibitions 1
- Artists -- Nevada 1
- Sheppard, Craig, 1913-1978 2
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Art 2
- McCormick, James C. (James Calvin), 1936- 1
- McNamara, Walter, 1939- 1
- Rosenberg, Howard 1