Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Included are company and governmental records (partial), news clippings, maps, photos, and research notes on logging and railroad companies of northeastern California. The collection contains material from 1909-1989 created by Jim Bryant.
Abstract Lenore Marie Kosso was formerly a manuscript curator at the Special Collections Department at the University of Nevada, Reno. Field notes and photographs of historic structures in Sparks, Nevada, compiled for a class in historic preservation at the University of Nevada, Reno. Included are notes about the Southern Pacific Railroad depot, New Hope Covenant Church and neighboring house, Sparks Guest House, four residences, and a commercial building occupied by Harry's Business Machines, Inc....
Overview Stories of McGee's life with the Southern Pacific Railroad, mainly during his time working with steam engines from 1941-1956.
Abstract Includes train orders for some Nevada trains, 1896-1958; correspondence, 1892-1958; and time tables, 1914-1925. Of note in the orders are communiques regarding President Harding's funeral train and security precautions in World War II; and in the correspondence, the specifications for maximum railroad car sizes, instructions for transport of army personnel in World War II, and land grants and government financing of the Central Pacific Railroad during construction through Nevada.
- Names: Southern Pacific Railroad Company X
- "Bizz" Johnson Trail (Calif.) 1
- Bunyan, Paul (Legendary character) 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Church buildings -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Historic preservation -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Lassen County (Calif.) 1
- Locomotive engineers -- Biography 1
- Logging -- California 1
- Railroad stations -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Railroads -- California 1
- Railroads -- California -- Biography 1
- Railroads -- Employees -- Biography 1
- Railroads -- Nevada 1
- Railroads -- Nevada -- Biography 1
- Sparks (Nev.) -- History 1
- Susanville (Calif.) 1
- Timetables 1
- Westwood (Calif.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Balloons -- Nevada 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Transportation 1 ∧ less