Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The Buena Vista Mining District was located around the territorial town of Unionville in the Buena Vista Valley on the east slope of the West Humboldt Range. The collection contains the miners union bylaws and minutes book, 1862-1896, and mining claims record book, 1861-1862.
Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain) was a well-known 19th century American author. The collection includes correspondence from Clemens in Hartford, Connecticut to Mr. Conway, praising Conway's talk on Tennyson's "Despair" (1882); a telegram from Twain in Hartford to Webster & Company, cursing the telephone; a letter from Twain at Albert Gate about Twain's response to a toast (1900); and a 10 cent U.S. postage stamp of Twain.
Mel Mathewson (1923-2001) was a commercial artist who worked in both California and Reno, Nevada. The collection contains one print by Mathewson of Samuel Clemens.
Research materials and books related to the Sagebrush School, Ambrose Bierce, Mark Twain, and other literature.
Includes material related to Miller's career and interests, particularly the history of Nevada Territory and the theater. Included are correspondence, Miller's thesis and dissertation, scripts of plays performed by the Reno Little Theater and Reno Dramatic Club, sheet music, a minute book/account ledger of stock holders of the Silver Star Mining District (Comstock Lode), and a poster for Topliffe's Theatre (earliest known Nevada imprint, 1862). Material between 1860-1976.
James Redpath was proprietor of the Boston Lyceum Bureau who handled sales of Mark Twain's book Roughing It. The collection contains a letter from Redpath to Mark Twain describing the sales and popularity of Twain's book Roughing It dated April 24, 1872.
Student paper analysing Mark Twain's literary purpose as illustrated by his Nevada journalism career. The collection contains material from 1937 created by Doris T. Trautman.
- Names: Twain, Mark, 1835-1910 X
- American drama -- 20th century 1
- Artists -- Nevada -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 19th century 1
- Comstock Lode Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Drama 1
- Mining law -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Nevada -- Newspapers -- History 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Overland journeys to the Pacific 1
- Prints 1
- Publishers and publishing -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Correspondence 1
- Speeches 1
- Theater -- Nevada -- 19th century 1
- Unionville (Nev.) 1
- Unionville Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) 1 ∧ less
- Berkove, Lawrence I. 1
- Bierce, Ambrose 1
- Buena Vista Miners Union 1
- Clemens, Orion, 1825-1897 1
- Dann, Frederick P. 1
- Freemasons 1
- Gray, Leslie Burns 1
- Immel, Ray Keeslar, 1885- 1
- Kennedy, Charles Rann, 1871-1950 1
- Koenig, Mark 1
- Koenig, Roxana 1
- Mathewson, Mel 1
- Miller, Frances M. Campbell 1
- Miller, William C., 1908-1987 1
- Nevada. Employment Security Department 1
- Nevada. State Parks Commission 1
- Piper's Opera House (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Redpath, James 1
- Reno Dramatic Club 1
- Reno Little Theater 1
- Trautman, Doris T. 1
- Virginia & Truckee Railroad 1
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 1 ∧ less