Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Whitman Symmes records
Abstract Whitman Symmes was a mine engineer, superintendent of several of the larger Nevada Comstock Lode mines in the early 1900s, and known on the Pacific coast for his continuous opposition to stockbrokers' methods of controlling the Comstock mines. Included are deeds, agreements, financial statements, reports, correspondence, payrolls, articles of incorporation, and assay reports for 118 mines, mills, shafts and pumping associations, primarily in Nevada but also in California, Utah, Arizona, and...
United Comstock Pumping Association Records
The Comstock Pumping Association was established in 1898 by 28 mine companies in Virginia City. Designed as a means to increase stock values, the purpose of the association was to pump water from the Comstock mines below the Sutro Tunnel level. Records of operation include daily and weekly reports (including Ward Shaft Association, 1910-1912), letters, cashbooks, financial ledgers, and a tunnel account book, 1905-1909.
- Account books 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Arizona 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Equipment and supplies -- Nevada 1
- Comstock Pumping Association 1
- Comstock Tunnel Company 1
- Gould and Curry Mining Company 1
- Great Dome Oil Company 1
- Hale and Norcross Mining Company 1