Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Paul Laxalt (1922-2018) was a politician from Nevada and the first Basque-American senator. The collection covers Laxalt's career as a U. S. Senator from Nevada from 1974 until his resignation effective January 3, 1987. Files are comprised of materials retained from offices in Carson City, Reno, Las Vegas, and Washington, D.C., as well as materials retained from Senator Laxalt's time as the chair for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaigns in 1976, 1980, and 1984 and includes correspondence,...
Identifier: AC 0129
Abstract On October 7, 1982, United States President Ronald Reagan visited the University of Nevada, Reno. This was the first time in the University's history that a sitting President visited the campus and the visit also provided an opportunity for the President to support his party's candidates for office. The collection includes tickets to the event held on the university quadrangle, campus memorandums, news releases and newspaper clippings, an anti-Reagan rally poster, and a commemorative scarf.
- Names: United States. President (1981-1989 : Reagan) X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Conservatism—United States—History—20th century 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Politicians -- California 1
- Politicians -- Nevada 1