Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: AC 0519
Abstract In 1988, the President of the Friends of the University Libraries, Marilyn Melton, proposed an awards program to honor and celebrate Nevada writers. That same year, Walter Van Tilburg Clark and Robert Laxalt became the first two authors to be inducted into the Nevada Writers Hall of Fame. The records include budget and planning information for the annual programs, correspondence, histories of the two awards, biographical and marketing material about the authors, newspaper clippings, and some...
Identifier: NUB 24/05/01
Scope and Contents
The Staff Employees' Council Awards Ceremony Committee Records include correspondence and annual awards ceremony programs.
Identifier: AC 0639
Abstract The University's first Honors Convocation was held on May 12, 1966, giving recognition to Honor Roll students, students inducted into academic honor societies, scholarship recipients, and students awarded other academic achievement prizes. The collection consists of flyers, invitations, and programs, including presidential scripts for some years. Of special interest is a compiled "Honor the Best" chart of award recipients from 1970-1999. There is also a blank award certificate for the 1988...
- Names: University of Nevada, Reno--Awards X
- Academic achievement 1
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Nevada -- 20th century 1
- College students -- Societies and clubs -- Nevada -- Reno -- 21st century 1
- Poets -- Nevada 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Employees 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 1
- Women authors -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women authors, American -- Nevada 1
- Women poets -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Phi Kappa Phi. Nevada Chapter (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Friends of the University Library 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Staff Employees' Council 1