Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 126
Identifier: AC 0467
Overview Ruth Louise Barakat was a student at the University of Nevada from 1946-1950. The collection contains newspaper clippings and graduation memorabilia of Barakat.
Identifier: AC 0636
Abstract The Book of the Oath records consist of the Book of the Oath, with signatures from the graduating classes from 1920-1964; along with correspondence and an article concerning the creation of the book, minutes from the Board of Regents concerning discontinuing having graduating students sign the book, and an 1925 issue of "Christian Education” with an article about the oath.
Identifier: AC 0589
Abstract The University's Fine Arts Building was designed by Richard J. Neutra and Robert E. Alexander, Architects headquartered in Los Angeles, California. The records are composed of biographical material about Dr. James E. Church, building specifications, cornerstone ceremony material, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and an invitation for a viewing of the UNR Fine Arts Complex. Material between 1957-1986, 2012.
Identifier: AC 0267
Abstract Correspondence between Richard G. Lillard and James E. Church. Church responds to Lillard's request for a "... long-range over-view of University affairs" and briefly describes previous university presidents and their administrations. Lillard was a consultant on the publication, The University of Nevada: an appraisal, the report of the university survey, 1956.
Identifier: AC 0596
Abstract Created by the University of Nevada, Reno. The collection is composed of class schedules for fall, summer session, and spring semesters (1930-2010).
Identifier: AC 0105
Overview College Bowl began in 1953 as a radio program under sponsorship of the General Electric Company, moving to television in 1959. Each week two collegiate undergraduate teams would compete to be the first to correctly answer a variety of scholarly questions. The winner would return the following week, and the school would receive a General Electric scholarship grant. In 1963, the University of Nevada was invited to compete. The collection includes correspondence regarding the appearance,...
Identifier: AC 0512
Abstract Under the provisions of Chapter 163 of the Statutes of Nevada 1939, page 245, the same being an Act entitled "An Act to provide for the erection and equipment of a gymnasium building at the University of Nevada, providing for the issuance and sale of bonds therefore and the redemption thereof," approved March 25, 1939. Two copies of bond No. 42 for $500, dated September 2, 1941. Oversized.
Identifier: NUB 38/
Scope and Contents Follow-up evaluation reports, 1966.
Identifier: AC 0143
Abstract In 1970, James W. Hulse, professor of history, agreed to write the history of the University of Nevada, in anticipation that the publication might appear in the university's centennial year. As The University of Nevada: a centennial history, it was published in 1974 by the University of Nevada Press. Collection contains notes and materials compiled for writing the centennial history of the university, and include publications, news clippings, reports, and correspondence gathered from a variety...
Identifier: AC 0030
Overview The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics administers the University's men's and women's intercollegiate sports programs. The University of Nevada, Reno was a member of the Northern California Athletic Conference from 1954-1968, the West Coast Athletic Conference from 1969-1979, and the Big Sky Conference from 1979-1992. The collection consists of 198 reels of 16mm film and VHS copies produced by the Athletic Department of the University of Nevada, Reno of intercollegiate athletic events....
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada 4
- Athletics -- Nevada 2
- College buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Oaths -- Nevada 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 2
- Agricultural machinery -- Design and construction 1
- Architecture -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Artists -- Nevada 1
- Bonds -- Nevada 1
- Clubs -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- College campuses -- Nevada -- Reno -- Maps 1
- College sports -- Nevada 1
- College students -- Nevada 1
- Commencement ceremonies -- Nevada 1
- Dormitories -- Nevada 1
- Foreign correspondents -- Diaries 1
- Greek letter societies -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Gymnasiums -- Nevada 1
- Manners and customs -- Nevada 1
- Schedules, School 1
- School mascots -- Nevada 1
- Sports for women -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Students -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Mascots 1
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc 1
- War correspondents -- Diaries 1
- Wolves Frolic, Reno, Nev., 1918-1938 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists 1 ∧ less