Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
Identifier: AC 0477
Overview The Board of Regents was established by the Nevada State Constitution in 1864 with the first Board created in 1865. The Board is responsible for the governance of the institutions comprising the Nevada System of Higher Education. Records consist of agendas, minutes, and materials submitted during Board meetings and used by the secretary of the Board to prepare the final minutes, including Nevada System of Higher Education budget reports.
Identifier: AC 0488
Abstract Interest in establishing a medical school in Nevada existed as early as 1938, with the United States facing a shortage of physicians. In 1967, a pledge of ongoing funding from industrialist Howard Hughes resulted in the Nevada Legislature's authorization of acquiring federal and private foundation funding. The University of Nevada School of Medicine Records consist of miscellaneous reports, correspondence, brochures and newspaper clippings about the organization, operation, and development of...
Identifier: AC 0052
Overview The president is the chief administrative officer of the University of Nevada, Reno. Duties and responsibilities are prescribed by the Board of Regents and may be assisted in the conduct of the duties of the office by vice-presidents and other administrators. The president may also establish and appoint boards and committees. In 1965-1968, the position title was "Chancellor" instead of "President." The collection contains correspondence, reports, campus publications, and other records from the...
Identifier: AC 0641
Abstract The records include academic material, articles by Dr. John N. Chappel, faculty lists, minutes, photographs, planning documents, residency training policy manuals, and videocassettes.
Identifier: AC 0346
Abstract The University of Nevada School of Medicine is accredited every seven years by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). The LCME's responsibility is to accredit programs of medical education leading to the M.D. degree in the U.S. and its territories, and is recognized by U.S. Secretary of Education, the U.S. Congress and by state, provincial (Canada), and territorial licensure boards. Accreditation records: survey questionnaires, reports of site visitation, and reports of the...
Identifier: NUB 35/01/04
Scope and Contents Catalog, 1982/1983-
Identifier: NUB 35/01/06
Scope and Contents Announcements and Brochures.
Identifier: NUB 35/01/11
Scope and Contents Alumni Banquet, 1986-
Identifier: NUB 35/01/12
Scope and Contents Awards Ceremony.
- Names: University of Nevada School of Medicine X
- College buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- College personnel management 1
- College sports -- Nevada 1
- Education, Higher -- Nevada 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Law enforcement -- Nevada 1
- Little Valley (Washoe County, Nev.) 1
- Medical colleges -- History -- Nevada 1
- Mental health services -- Nevada 1
- Nurses -- Education -- Nevada 1
- Psychiatry -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Ranches -- Nevada 1
- Stead Air Force Base (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Finance 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Employees 1
- Vocational education -- Nevada 1 ∧ less