Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Charlton Laird Papers
Identifier: AC 0076
Abstract Charlton G. Laird (1901-1984) was a linguist and professor of English at the University of Nevada, 1945-1968. In addition to his own publications, he co-authored English textbooks with Robert M. Gorrell, and a language book with wife, Helen Gent Laird. His correspondence includes folklorist and linguist Sven Liljeblad and his wife, Astrid; Nevada author Walter Van Tilburg Clark; Max and Michaline Urban, promoters for Latin American music in the United States; and Helen S. Carlson, author of...
Max and Micheline Urban Papers
Scope and Contents The Max Urban Papers is divided into seven series, with each series further divided into subseries to better reflect the content. Series 1 includes personal and family papers. Series 2-6 contain material relating to Urban's multifaceted music career. A representative portion of the various kinds of musical scoring paper he used has been retained in the collection. The last group is composed of material related to Micheline Urban's involvement with astrology.Max Urban's numbering...
- Names: Urban, Micheline X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Carlson, Helen S., 1917- 1
- Christy, Arthur, 1899-1946 1
- Clark, Walter Van Tilburg, 1909-1971 1
- Gorrell, Robert M. 1
- Laird, Charlton, 1901-1984 1