Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The Lorenzo D. Creel Papers have been divided into two major groups and into series within the groups. The first group contains Creel family items and includes correspondence, financial records, business papers, memorabilia, photographs, and books which belonged to Creel family members with the majority of the material originating from Lorenzo and his son Cecil. Three-dimensional items, which accompanied the collection, have been donated to the University of Nevada, Reno, School of Home...
Abstract Georgie Hedrick was an elementary school teacher in Reno, Nevada. Included is correspondence related to Hedrick's efforts to have an elementary school in northern Nevada named in honor of Nevada Paiute Indian activist Sarah Winnemucca and to have Sarah selected as the subject of one of Nevada's two statues in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol building. Material between 1991-1992.
Abstract Fanny Dunbar Corbusier's recollections include her childhood in New Orleans; marriage to William Henry Corbusier in 1869; his medical practice in Ft. McDermitt, Nevada, from 1869-1872; Paiute Indians at Ft. McDermitt, including Sarah Winnemucca Hopkins; and their stay at other western Army posts in Arizona, New Mexico, Nebraska, and Wyoming. Material from 1918.
Abstract Margaret M. Wheat (1908-1988) was an ethnologist, geologist, and photographer who worked closely with Paiute native americans. In 1980, Margaret Wheat received an honorary doctorate of science degree from the University of Nevada, Reno. Papers collected or created by Wheat in her professions as an ethnologist and geologist, her involvement in Nevada State Parks, and during her work of making oral histories of elder Paiute Tribal members. Of special note are files on Ichthyosaur State Park and...
Overview Sally Zanjani is a historian and former adjunct professor in the University of Nevada, Reno Political Science Department. She is the author of ten books and over sixty articles exploring the history of Nevada from the territorial period through the 19th century. Papers include research materials for Zanjani's numerous books and articles.
- Names: Winnemucca, Sarah, 1844?-1891 X
- Paiute Indians 2
- Authors -- Nevada 1
- Bee culture 1
- Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park (Nev.) 1
- Crow Indians 1
- Fort McDermitt (Nev.) -- History 1
- Indians of North America -- Biography 1
- Indians of North America -- California 1
- Indians of North America -- Florida 1
- Indians of North America -- Montana 1
- Indians of North America -- Nevada -- 19th century 1
- Indians of North America -- Utah 1
- Labor unions -- History -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- History -- 19th century 1
- Mono Indians 1
- Nevada -- History -- 19th century 1
- Nevada -- History -- 20th century 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Paiute Indians -- History 1
- Paiute Indians -- Nevada -- Fort McDermitt 1
- Pyramid Lake Indian Reservation (Nev.) 1
- Seminole Indians 1
- Shoshoni Indians 1
- Washo Indians 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Biography 1
- Women authors, American -- Nevada 1
- Women miners -- Nevada 1
- Yokuts Indians 1 ∧ less