Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Three letters with covers written to Caroline Wenzel who lived in Sacramento, California, as Berlin was completing the writing and publication of her novel, Silver Platter, based on the life of her grandmother, Louise Hungerford Mackay. The collection contains material from 1956-1957 created by Ellin Berlin.
The Mackay family includes Clarence Hungerford Mackay, son of John William Mackay of the Bonanza Kings fame, his wife Katherine Duer, and their children Katherine, Ellin, and John William III. The collection includes correspondence primarily between Katherine Mackay and her parents, family, and friends.
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- California -- Fiction 1
- California -- Newspapers 1
- California -- Social life and customs 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 1
- Mackay family 2
- Mackay, Marie Louise Antoinette (Hungerford), 1843-1928 2
- Dunphy, Trent R. 1
- Hawkins, Katherine 1
- Mackay, Clarence H. (Clarence Hungerford), 1874-1938 1