Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Interview by Grace Danberg.,Recollections of household hardships in Virginia City, Nevada, and in the governor's mansion in Carson City.
Report by Boyle detailing his mining experiences from 1899-1903 and letters from George J. Young and Herman Davis confirming the information.
Emmet Derby Boyle was a mining engineer who became a Nevada state engineer and governor of the state. The collection contains scrapbooks which cover chiefly his period as governor and include official proclamations, newspaper clippings, and some correspondence.
W.J. Loring was a San Francisco, California mining engineer. Collection contains Loring's report from 1919 regarding the Nevada Humboldt Tungsten Mines Company in Nevada before the War Mineral Relief Commission describes his interest in the company and its origins. Also included is testimony by Emmet Boyle, mining engineer and later governor of Nevada.
The Nevada Mining Association (NMA) was organized in Tonopah, Nevada, on March 24, 1913 as the Nevada Mine Operators Association. Its membership consisted of the principle metal producers in Nevada who banded together for protection, mutual cooperation, and assistance. These records include incorporation papers, minutes of the executive committee, membership lists, correspondence, reports, and position statements.
- Governors -- Nevada 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 2
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Governors' spouses -- Nevada 1
- Mellan Gold Mines 1
- Politicians -- Nevada 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Silver question -- Nevada 1
- Tungsten mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) 1
- Wages -- Miners -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Nevada 1
- Workers' compensation -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- American Federation of Labor 1
- American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers 1
- Boyle, Vida Margaret McClure, 1880-1972 1
- Gordon, Louis D. 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- Kempvane, J. C. 1
- Kennecott Copper Corporation 1
- Loring, W. J. 1
- Nevada Consolidated Copper Company 1
- Nevada Humboldt Tungsten Mines Company 1
- Nevada Industrial Commission 1
- Nevada Mining Association 1
- Nevada Silver Centennial Committee 1
- New, W. R. 1
- Oddie, Tasker L. (Tasker Lowndes), 1870-1950 1
- Pacific Tungsten Company 1
- Pittman, Key, 1872-1940 1
- Rives, Henry Macon, 1883-1952 1
- Round Mountain Gold Dredging Corporation 1
- United Western Miners 1 ∧ less