Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Materials relating to Robert Caples and Edda and Samuel G. Houghton, including correspondence, artwork by Caples, newspaper clippings, exhibit catalogs and photos of Caples' work.
Anthony Shafton (1937- ) is a Chicago native, Reno resident, and author whose correspondence with Robert Cole Caples (1908-1979) began in 1964 until Caples' death. Shafton began saving the letters in 1977. Caples was a largely self-trained artist most well known for his portraits of Reno divorcees and his Indian portraits drawn during the Depression under the Federal Arts Project. Also included are other documents and letters from Rosemary Caples and Carl Heinze.
Anthony Shafton is a Chicago native, Reno resident, and author of five books, including The Nevada They Knew. Collection contains research and publication materials for Shafton's book, The Nevada They Knew.
Anthony Shafton is a Chicago native, Reno resident, and author of five books, including The Nevada They Knew. Collection includes book’s bibliographic references, index, and endnotes from The Nevada They Knew, published in 2017, that the publisher chose not to include in the book. The book explores the relationship between artist Robert Cole Caples and author Walter Van Tilburg Clark.
- Personal correspondence 3
- Artists -- Nevada -- 20th century 2
- Authors -- Nevada 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Authors, American -- 21st century 2
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Biography -- 20th century 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Clippings 1 ∧ less
- Clark, Walter Van Tilburg 3
- Shafton, Anthony 3
- Clark, Barbara Frances Morse 1
- Clark, Robert M. (Robert Morse), 1939- 1
- Houghton family 1
- Madden, David, 1933- 1 ∧ less