Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to Robert Caples and Edda and Samuel G. Houghton, including correspondence, artwork by Caples, newspaper clippings, exhibit catalogs and photos of Caples' work.
Anthony Shafton (1937- ) is a Chicago native, Reno resident, and author whose correspondence with Robert Cole Caples (1908-1979) began in 1964 until Caples' death. Shafton began saving the letters in 1977. Caples was a largely self-trained artist most well known for his portraits of Reno divorcees and his Indian portraits drawn during the Depression under the Federal Arts Project. Also included are other documents and letters from Rosemary Caples and Carl Heinze.
Anthony Shafton is a Chicago native, Reno resident, and author of five books, including The Nevada They Knew. Collection contains research and publication materials for Shafton's book, The Nevada They Knew.
- Artists -- Nevada -- 20th century 2
- Authors, American -- Nevada -- 20th century 2
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 21st century 1
- Authors, American -- Biography -- 20th century 1
- Business correspondence 1
- College teachers -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Excerpts 1
- Facsimiles 1
- Fiction 1
- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- Clark, Walter Van Tilburg, 1909-1971 2
- Shafton, Anthony 2
- Clark, Barbara Frances Morse 1
- Clark, Robert M. (Robert Morse), 1939- 1
- Houghton family 1
- Madden, David, 1933- 1 ∧ less