Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview J. Cecil Alter was a meteorologist with the U. S. Weather Bureau based out of Salt Lake City, Utah in the early 1900s. Collection contains three sets of correspondence to Alter from James E. Church, J. L. Ford, and H. L. Stoner in 1926 regarding his article on rate of snow melting, data regarding snow melt in the early summer, and copies of three articles on the rate of snow melt.
Overview James Edward Church, Jr.(1869-1959) was a Ph.D and classics professor at the University of Reno, Nevada. Collection contains Church's personal and professional correspondence to and from people and organizations connected with snow surveying, notes, reports, manuscripts (published and unpublished); also personal mementos, diaries, maps and artifacts. Also included is Florence Humphrey Church's correspondence with the Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs.
Overview The First Baptist Church of Reno was established in Reno, Nevada in 1875 as a spin-off of an earlier congregation in Virginia City, Nevada. It was governed by a Board of Trustees; a number of societies and circles were organized for women, youth, and men. Reverand C. L. Fisher was the first minister; the Reverand Brewster Adams was one of the most prominent ministers (1910-1946) and civic leaders. The Church also established mission churches in Verdi, Nevada in 1896, and East Reno (Sparks,...
Overview Charles W. Fulton was a Mono County, California, county surveyor and participated in snow surveying in the Walker River, Carson River, and Mono Lake drainage areas of California and Nevada from 1913-1937. The collection primarily consists of correspondence to Fulton from Dr. James E. Church and Horace Prentiss Boardman beginning in 1913 and covering Charles W. Fulton's surveying assignments of the Walker River Basin, Carson River area, and Mono Lake in Nevada and California.
Overview Maude Sawin Taylor (1889-1974) was a teacher, organizer, civic leader, and author. The collection includes correspondence to and from Taylor, her husband Chester C. Taylor, Ruth Torkelson, and James Edward Church; newspaper clippings, photographs, awards, and notes; and correspondence, financial records and newsletters of some twenty civic organizations and the First Baptist Church of Reno, Nevada.
Overview The Western Snow Conference is composed of individuals and organizations representing public and private agencies interested in snow and water supplies derived from mountain snow cover. The conference meets annually in April at various locations in the western United States and Canada and is governed by an executive committee of twenty members elected from the membership. The collection includes correspondence, agendas, programs, and proceedings related to individual meetings; committee and...
- Snow -- Measurement 2
- Snow surveys -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Snow surveys -- West (U.S.) 2
- Baptists -- Nevada -- History 1
- Baptists -- West (U.S.) 1
- Church buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Church buildings -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Church buildings -- Nevada -- Verdi 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Greenland -- Discovery and exploration 1
- Humboldt River (Nev.) 1
- Hydrology -- Argentina 1
- Hydrology -- Research 1
- Meteorology -- Observations 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Quiltmakers -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Runoff -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Secret societies -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Climate 1
- Snow surveys -- California 1
- Snow surveys -- California -- Mono Lake 1
- Snow surveys -- Nevada 1
- Snow surveys -- Nevada -- Carson River Watershed 1
- Snow surveys -- Nevada -- Walker River Watershed 1
- Soda Springs (Calif.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Washoe County Water Conservation District (Nev.) 1
- Water -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1 ∧ less