Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Papers, manuscript and research for book, My life in the Mountains and on the Plains, and items of the Griffen family.
Daniel G. Moore writes to his friend, Robert A. Griffen, of Reno, Nevada, discussing Moore's health and that of his wife, and mutual acquaintances (January 14, 1969). Moore was a Western author who lived in Tucson, Arizona.
Galley proofs for Meriwether's autobiography, edited by Robert A. Griffen. The collection contains material from 1965 created by D. Meriwether.
Robert A. Griffen (1899-1974) was a writer, painter, and illustrator of Western Americana with special interest in the Montana Blackfoot. Collection contains five original Christmas card drawings by Robert Griffen circa 1944. The drawings depict various scenes typically centered around cowboys and horses. Two drawings depict what appears to be explorers (possibly Spanish) riding with a Native American on foot nearby. Only one of the five drawings is signed with a date.
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 2
- Christmas cards -- Specimens 1
- Cowboys in art 1
- Drawings 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.) 1
- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Correspondence 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Meriwether, D. (David), 1800-1893 1
- Moore, Daniel G. 1
- Sandoz, Mari 1
- Sandoz, Mari (Title of a work--Cheyenne autumn) 1
- Sandoz, Mari (Title of a work--Hostiles and friendlies) 1