Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Robert Leland (1912-1986) was a Nevada lawyer who worked closely with Washoe and Paiute native americans. Material in the collection is exclusively concerned with issues of American Indians, mainly the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe. Correspondence, notes, reports, legal documents, printed material, tribal records and maps relate to Pyramid Lake Paiute tribal concerns including water, economic development and Indian claims.
Overview Fred H. Settelmeyer (1892-1989) was born in Nevada and served in Nevada State Senate 1947-1961. He was appointed to Nevada Commission of California-Nevada Interstate Compact Commission, 1956 and to the Pyramid Lake Task Force in 1969 representing Carson River interests. The collection contains material concerning the California-Nevada Interstate Compact Commission and the Pyramid Lake Task Force.
- Indians of North America -- Nevada 1
- Lawyers -- Nevada 1
- Paiute Indians 1
- Pyramid Lake Indian Reservation (Nev.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water resources development -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1
- Water rights -- Nevada 1
- Water rights -- Nevada -- Carson River 1
- Water rights -- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada -- Carson River Watershed 1
- Water-supply -- Truckee River Watershed (Calif. and Nev.) 1 ∧ less