Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview This collection relates almost entirely to Mrs. Cain's involvement with the Democratic Party at the local, state, and national level. Included are administration and convention materials for the Democratic Party of Washoe County, the Nevada State Democratic Party, Democratic National Committee, and the Democratic Women's Club of Carson City and campaign materials for the election of Cain's daughter, Mary-Ellen McMullen, to the Board of Regents of the University of Nevada and for Justice Bob...
Overview The collection consists primarily of materials created and/or used by Ford during her years as Nevada state legislator and during the operation of her businesses. Additional materials include personal papers, and course materials from her role as instructor in the Women’s Studies Program at UNR. A series which was added in 1996 contains materials about the many organizations and committees she has been involved with in her professional career.
Abstract Vivian Freeman was a nurse in Reno, Nevada and a member of the Nevada State Assembly from Washoe County. Materials of Nevada women's organizations include bylaws, newsletters, minutes, and correspondence from the National Women's Political Caucus, Nevada and Anne Martin Chapters; Nevada League of Women Voters; Nevadans for Better Government; Reno Women's Network; and Hannah Humanitarian Award. Material between 1972-1982.
Abstract Includes materials of the League of Women Voters (LWV) of Nevada, LWV of Las Vegas, League of Women Voters of Las Vegas Valley, and other Nevada branches.,Included are minutes, newsletters, project files, position papers, audio tapes of public forums, correspondence, budgets, annual reports, public relations files, and convention materials.
Abstact Collection contains materials of the League of Women Voters (LWV) of Nevada, local Nevada Leagues, and materials from the national League from 1951 to the 1970s. These records include correspondence, minutes, newsletters, membership lists, budgets, and printed material consisting of published reports on various Nevada state and local, social and political issues of concern to the League. Material between 1951-1970.
Abstract Materials cover the life and work of philanthropist, feminist, political activist, and one-time Nevada U. S. Senate candidate, Maya Miller from the years 1953-2003. The collection includes correspondence, speeches, campaign materials, news clips, agendas, bulletins, reports, and audio/visual resources with particular emphasis placed on Miller's position as Chairperson on the Board of Directors for the Las Vegas-based community development corporation, Operation Life.
- Nevada -- Politics and government 5
- Women -- Nevada 3
- Abortion 1
- Businesswomen -- Nevada 1
- Child welfare -- Nevada 1
- Court administration -- Nevada 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- Nevada 1
- Elections -- Nevada 1
- Indians of North America -- Civil Rights 1
- Interviews 1
- Local government -- Nevada 1
- Mental health -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- History -- Women 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Nicaragua -- Politics and government -- 1979-1990 1
- Planning -- Nevada 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Pollution -- Nevada 1
- Public welfare -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Public welfare -- Nevada 1
- Representative government and representation -- Nevada 1
- Tourism -- Nevada 1
- Washoe Valley (Nev.) 1
- Welfare rights movement -- Nevada -- Las Vegas 1
- Women -- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Women -- Political activity -- United States 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women executives -- Nevada 1
- Women government executives -- Nevada 1
- Women's rights -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Women's studies -- Nevada 1
- Women, Black -- Nevada -- Economic conditions 1 ∧ less