Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Legislative records contain meeting notes, background material, draft and final versions of bills sponsored by McGowen, her speeches in the Assembly, clippings, notes, statistics, audio tapes of committee meetings, and minutes of committee meetings. Election records include materials related to McGowen's Assembly campaigns: opinion polls and questionnaires, campaign plans, press releases, publicity materials, and campaign disclosure reports (1978-1989).
Includes petitions to Nevada Governor Henry G. Blasdel asking that J. Neely Johnson be appointed to fill a Nevada Supreme Court justice vacancy created by the death of Judge Cornelius Brosnan in April, 1867, and letters to Johnson regarding his decision to put his name forward for nomination. Dates range from April-May, 1867.
Clarence Clifton (“Cliff”) Young was born November 7, 1922 and served as a Nevada Supreme Court judge. The C. Clifton Young Papers are primarily composed of personal correspondence from Young’s office at the Nevada Supreme Court and papers having to do with his political campaigns for the U. S. Congress and the Nevada Supreme Court. Also included are research materials for his book about the Nevada justice courts, and various biographical materials. Date range 1952-2002.
- Nevada -- Politics and government 2
- Child restraint systems in automobiles -- Nevada 1
- Courts -- Nevada -- History, Local 1
- Forensic psychiatry -- Nevada 1
- Insanity (Law) -- Nevada 1
- Judges -- Nevada 1
- Justices of the peace -- Nevada -- Biography 1
- Pro-life movement -- Nevada 1
- Sex offenders -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Nevada 1
- Surrogate mothers -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Nevada 1
- Victims of crimes -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Blasdel, Henry Goode, 1825-1900 1
- Brosnan, Cornelius, -1867 1
- Johnson, J. Neely 1
- McGowen, Courtenay Swain, 1945- 1
- National Wildlife Federation 1