Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
The Douglas County Republican Women Club was established in Minden, Nevada in 1960 as part of a statewide organization of Republican Women which promotes Republican ideals, candidates, and activities. The collection includes minutes of meetings and scrapbooks containing newsletters, newspaper clippings, photographs, convention materials, and correspondence, all related to the Republican Party in Nevada.
The records consists mainly of financial information from the treasurer but includes some board meetings, correspondence and a few newsletters.
Contains minutes, financial records, membership, correspondence, individual club records, etc.
The Nevada Federation of Republican Women provides a means through which women who share the principles of the Republican Party can join its activities and work toward common goals. Contains convention materials, membership, financial information including treasurer reports, and minutes.
The Nevada Federation of Republican Women was founded in 1950 and is a branch of the national organization that provides a means for women who share the principals of te Republican art can join activities and work toward common goals. These records cover the period of 1964-1976, with the majority of them pertaining to the 1976 presidential campaign as well as documenting how a state-wide political group orchestrates an election.
The Nevada Federation of Republican Women is a branch of the national organization which provides a means through which women who share the principles of the Republican Party can join its activities and work toward common goals. The types of records found within each chapter's files vary but include minutes, newsletters, convention materials, special events files, clippings, and photographs.
Program for the 1996 Nevada Republican state convention held May 2 in Reno, Nevada.
George F. Smith (1885-?) was born in Nevada and served in the Reno City Council from 1919-1926. From 1926-1934, Smith served as Reno Postmaster. The collection largely contains correspondence on political or postal matters; also some legal documents, an aircraft squadron training manual, and printed congressional materials such as bills and hearings.
Lengthy minutes include transcripts of remarks and speeches on May 18-19, 1956, including those nominating Charles H. Russell as a candidate for Nevada governor; record of votes cast for candidates; platform statement; and treasurers' report.
- Nevada -- Politics and government 7
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 4
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada 4
- Photographs 3
- Excerpts 2
- Politicians -- Nevada 2
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada -- Douglas County 2
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- Nevada -- Douglas County 2
- Albums (Books) 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Conference materials 1
- Conservatism -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Newsletters 1
- Political campaigns -- Nevada 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Politicians -- California 1
- Presidential candidates -- United States -- History 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Programs (Publications) 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Nevada Federation of Republican Women 4
- Douglas County Republican Women's Club 2
- Lake Tahoe-Nevada Republican Women's Club 2
- Active Republican Women of Las Vegas 1
- Arentz, Samuel Shaw, 1879-1934 1
- Balzar, Fredrick Bennett, 1880-1934 1
- Boulder City Republican Women's Club 1
- Carson City Republican Women's Club 1
- Douglas County Republican Women 1
- Downing, Bernice 1
- Lahontan Federated Republican Women 1
- Laxalt, Paul 1
- Lynn, Susan, 1945- 1
- Lyon County Republican Women's Club 1
- National Association of Postmasters of the United States 1
- Oddie, Tasker L. (Tasker Lowndes), 1870-1950 1
- Ormsby County Republican Women's Club 1
- Pahrump Valley Republican Women 1
- Paradise Valley Republican Women's Club 1
- Patchell, James J. 1
- Postmasters' Association of California 1
- Reagan, Ronald 1
- Republican Party (Nev.). Convention. Reno, Nev. (1996) 1
- Republican Party (Nev.). State Convention (Location of Meeting--Winnemucca, Nev.); Data of meeting of treaty signing--(1956) 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Republican Women of Henderson 1
- Republican Women's Capital Career Club 1
- Republican Women's Club of Incline Village/Crystal Bay 1
- Republican Women's Club of Las Vegas 1
- Republican Women's Club of Reno 1
- Russell, Charles H. (Charles Hinton), 1903-1989 1
- Santini, Jim, 1937-2015 1
- Smith, George F., 1885- 1
- Sparks Republican Women 1
- United States. Congress. Senate 1
- United States. President (1981-1989 : Reagan) 1 ∧ less