Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Our Story, Inc. Records
Our Story, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1996 by Kenneth B. Dalton. It strives to seek out, preserve, and exhibit the heritage, culture, contributions, and accomplishments of people whose history is not well represented in northern Nevada, with a large focus on documenting African American history. Collection contains material from the organization's 20th Anniversary celebration and other annual programs.
Alice L. Smith Papers
Abstract Alice L. Smith was a Reno, Nevada black woman and activist. The collection includes biographical information; personal correspondence; working papers for Smith's community service involvement with the American National Red Cross, Western Community Action Training, Inc., Community Service Council, and Nevada State Comprehensive Health Planning Advisory Council, and information about the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Nevada (NAACP). Of special interest is a...
- African Americans -- History -- Nevada 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- American National Red Cross. Reno Chapter 1
- Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Del Cohen, Shayne 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Reno-Sparks Chapter 1
- Nevada. State Comprehensive Health Planning 1