Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Mel Mathewson (1923-2001) was a commercial artist who worked in both California and Reno, Nevada. The collection contains one print by Mathewson of Samuel Clemens.
Ruth Hilts (1923- ) is a Nevada-based artist who works in a variety of mediums including watercolor, acrylics, and charcoal. The Ruth Hilts Papers consist of materials from her personal life and artistic career. Materials include papers, original artwork, photographs, and paint pigments.
Founded in 1921 by watercolor students of Lorenzo Latimer, the Latimer Art Club was the first art club in the state of Nevada. It is dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of fine arts in Nevada. The ollection consists of club history materials, information on Lorenzo Latimer, and minutes and yearly records from 1921-2006.
Art club in Reno, Nevada, founded in 1921 and named after Lorenzo P Latimer, who taught art in Reno beginning in 1916. Members gave programs and demonstrations, held yearly competitions, and provided maintenance and financial support for the Reno Art Gallery. Included are membership rolls and records of receipts and disbursements, a history of the club which covers 1916-1974, and undated meeting minutes.
Lyle Hardin (1911-1980) was an artist and ranch hand well-known for his art depicting cowboys and the American West. Collection contains one unbound copy of The Life and Times of Cowboy Artist Lyle Hardin, 1911-1980 written by Barbara J. Jeffries.
Walter McNamara (1939- ) is an artist who specializes in found material sculpture and collage. His art has been exhibited across the United States, especially in Nevada. This collection consists of announcements for his exhibitions held from 1968 to 2009 in the form of flyers and posters, a Nevada Museum of Art show catalog (1994) as well as other information regarding awards and projects with which he has been involved.
Watercolor drawings of Pyramid Lake, Nevada, in winter and spring. The collection contains material from 1914 created by Gilbert Natches.
Anthony Shafton (1937- ) is a Chicago native, Reno resident, and author whose correspondence with Robert Cole Caples (1908-1979) began in 1964 until Caples' death. Shafton began saving the letters in 1977. Caples was a largely self-trained artist most well known for his portraits of Reno divorcees and his Indian portraits drawn during the Depression under the Federal Arts Project. Also included are other documents and letters from Rosemary Caples and Carl Heinze.
- Authors -- Nevada 3
- Art -- Nevada -- 20th century 2
- Drawings 2
- Exhibitions -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Personal correspondence 2
- Art -- Exhibitions 1
- Art -- Nevada 1
- Art -- Nevada -- 21st century 1
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno -- Societies, etc. 1
- Art, Paiute 1
- Artists -- Nevada -- 21st century 1
- Artists -- West (U.S.) 1
- Artists and community -- Nevada 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 21st century 1
- Authors, American -- Biography -- 20th century 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Clippings 1
- Clubs -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Nevada -- Exhibitions 1
- Paintings 1
- Posters 1
- Prints 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Women artists -- Nevada 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Women authors, American -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Caples, Robert Cole 2
- Latimer Art Club 2
- Latimer, Lorenzo Palmer, 1857-1941 2
- Shafton, Anthony 2
- Clark, Walter Van Tilburg 1
- De Longchamps, Joanne, 1923-1983 1
- Dial Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Hardin, Lyle 1
- Hilts, Ruth G. 1
- Jeffries, Barbara J. 1
- Mathewson, Mel 1
- McCormick, James C. (James Calvin), 1936- 1
- McNamara, Walter 1
- Natches, Gilbert 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.)--History 1
- Pallesen, Carol 1
- Reno Art Gallery 1
- Sheppard Fine Art Gallery 1
- Twain, Mark 1
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Northern Nevada 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Art 1
- Washoe Pines Ranch (Nev.) 1 ∧ less