Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Founded in 1921 by watercolor students of Lorenzo Latimer, the Latimer Art Club was the first art club in the state of Nevada. It is dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of fine arts in Nevada. The ollection consists of club history materials, information on Lorenzo Latimer, and minutes and yearly records from 1921-2006.
Art club in Reno, Nevada, founded in 1921 and named after Lorenzo P Latimer, who taught art in Reno beginning in 1916. Members gave programs and demonstrations, held yearly competitions, and provided maintenance and financial support for the Reno Art Gallery. Included are membership rolls and records of receipts and disbursements, a history of the club which covers 1916-1974, and undated meeting minutes.
Walter McNamara (1939- ) is an artist who specializes in found material sculpture and collage. His art has been exhibited across the United States, especially in Nevada. This collection consists of announcements for his exhibitions held from 1968 to 2009 in the form of flyers and posters, a Nevada Museum of Art show catalog (1994) as well as other information regarding awards and projects with which he has been involved.
- Art -- Nevada -- 20th century 2
- Art -- Exhibitions 1
- Art -- Nevada 1
- Art -- Nevada -- 21st century 1
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno -- Societies, etc. 1
- Artists -- Nevada -- 21st century 1
- Clubs -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Exhibitions -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Women authors, American -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Latimer Art Club 2
- Latimer, Lorenzo Palmer, 1857-1941 2
- De Longchamps, Joanne, 1923-1983 1
- McNamara, Walter 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.)--History 1