Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records
Abstract The Pacific Mill and Mining Company was incorporated in August 1877 with W. S. O’Brien, J. G. Flood, James G. Fair, John Mackay, and Edward Barron as trustees. The company owned a number of other mills in the Comstock area including the Bacon Mill, Brunswick Mill, California Mill, California Pan Mill, Consolidated Mill, Mariposa Mill, Morgan Mill, Occidental Mill, Omega Mill, Rhode Island Mill, Trench Mill, and the Woodworth Mill/Ditch. The collection contains items from the many subsidiary...
Whitman Symmes records
Abstract Whitman Symmes was a mine engineer, superintendent of several of the larger Nevada Comstock Lode mines in the early 1900s, and known on the Pacific coast for his continuous opposition to stockbrokers' methods of controlling the Comstock mines. Included are deeds, agreements, financial statements, reports, correspondence, payrolls, articles of incorporation, and assay reports for 118 mines, mills, shafts and pumping associations, primarily in Nevada but also in California, Utah, Arizona, and...
- Copper mines and mining -- Arizona 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Equipment and supplies -- Nevada 1
- Overman Mine (Nev.) 1
- Comstock Tunnel Company 1
- Fair, James Graham, 1831-1894 1
- Flood, James Clair, 1826-1888 1
- Gould and Curry Mining Company 1
- Great Dome Oil Company 1