Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6

Belcher Silver Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC92
Abstract

In 1915 three mines combined into the Jacket-Crown Point-Belcher Mines Company which in turn became part of the United Comstock Mining company in 1920. Collection contains records of operation including weekly reports from the mine superintendent to H.D. Fry; and assay records for the Belcher and Crown Point mines; and the Santiago, Vivian, Mexican, and Eureka mills.

Dates: 1871-1899

Chollar-Potosi Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC81
Abstract

Chollar-Potosi Mining Company was a silver mine in the Comstock Lode, Virginia City, Nevada. The collection includes accounts for milling of ore and payroll.

Dates: 1869-1877

The Donovan Mill

 Collection
Identifier: 85-14
Abstract

Donovan Mill in Silver City, Nevada, was the first cyanide process mill established on the Comstock; this survey recounts the mill's history and provides a physical description of the plant and its operations in 1980.

Dates: 1980

Merrimac Mill Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC171
Abstract

The Merrimac Mil Company was a mineral processing mill built two miles below Empire City, Comstock Lode, Nevada in 1861-1862. The collection contains a daily account ledger that provides names of mines and individuals with whom the mill did business, and dates and amounts of transactions.es.

Dates: 1863-1868

North End Mines Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC178
Abstract The North End Mines of the Comstock Lode, Nevada, consisted of the California Mining Company, Consolidated Virginia Mining Company (Con Virginia), Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company, Ophir Silver Mining Company, Sierra Nevada Silver Mining Company, and the Union Consolidated Silver Mining Company. The collection includes a Mexican Milling Company cash journal (1916-1920) and mill book (1915-1920), a Con Virginia, Ophir, Mexican, Union, and Sierra Nevada mines survey book (1920), and a...
Dates: 1914-1920

Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records

 Collection
Identifier: NC80
Abstract The Pacific Mill and Mining Company was incorporated in August 1877 with W. S. O’Brien, J. G. Flood, James G. Fair, John Mackay, and Edward Barron as trustees. The company owned a number of other mills in the Comstock area including the Bacon Mill, Brunswick Mill, California Mill, California Pan Mill, Consolidated Mill, Mariposa Mill, Morgan Mill, Occidental Mill, Omega Mill, Rhode Island Mill, Trench Mill, and the Woodworth Mill/Ditch. The collection contains items from the many subsidiary...
Dates: 1872-1886