Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Goldfield Coming Nation Gold Mines Company was a mining company in Goldfield, Nevada. Company prospectus advertise the riches to be made from their mines, report on gold yields to date, list names of claims, and offer investment opportunities. One brochure includes photos of Tonopah, Nevada (1904).
Manuscript Thesis Draft of The Tonopah, Goldfield, Bullfrog Mining Districts, 1900-1915: History of a Twentieth Century Mining Boom
Russell Richard Elliott was a Nevada historian, author, and professor in the History Department at the University of Nevada, Reno. Collection contains a bound copy of Russell Elliott's Ph.D. in History thesis from University of California, Berkeley in 1946.
Created by Rebecca Herbst in the 1980s, this survey recounts the Mizpah Mine history and production, and provides a physical description of the mine.
The Tonopah Home Mining Company was organized in 1903 at Tonopah, Nevada. W.J. Douglas was president. Prospectus attempts to attract investors; at the time the brochure was written, it appeared no development had been undertaken. The prospectus discusses mining history of the region, improvements built or contemplated, names of mining claims of the company, list of officers, and map of mining claims (1903).
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 2
- Tonopah (Nev.) 2
- Tonopah (Nev.) -- History 2
- Academic theses 1
- Bullfrog Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Goldfield 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Tonopah 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) -- History 1
- Mineral industries -- Nevada 1
- Mizpah Mine (Nev.) 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada -- Tonopah 1 ∧ less
- Douglas, W. J. 1
- Elliott, Russell R. 1
- Goldfield Coming Nation Gold Mines Company 1
- Herbst, Rebecca 1
- National Architectural and Engineering Record Heritage Conservation and Recreation Service 1
- Tonopah Home Mining Company 1 ∧ less