Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The Florence-Goldfield Mining Company incorporated in 1909 with principal office and mining operations in Goldfield, Nevada. Collection contains two purchase transactions by the Western Ore Purchasing Company, both on October 1, 1909, for bullion produced by the Florence-Goldfield Mining Company.
The Goldfield Consolidated Milling and Transportation Company incorporated under the laws of Wyoming in August 1909 and operated in Goldfield, Nevada; it was a subsidiary owned entirely by the Goldfield Consolidated Mines Company. Collection contains one receipt from the Gutta Percha & Rubber Manufacturing Company in 1916 for the purchase of pure gum rubber sleeves.
The Jumbo Extension Mining Company incorporated as successor to the Jumbo and Vernal Extension Mining Company in April 1904. Office and mining property was located in Goldfield, Nevada. Collection contains a payment receipt from the Goldfield Mine Operators' Association and a 1932 telegram regarding a "sensational strike" on the Jumbo claim.
Manuscript Thesis Draft of The Tonopah, Goldfield, Bullfrog Mining Districts, 1900-1915: History of a Twentieth Century Mining Boom
Russell Richard Elliott was a Nevada historian, author, and professor in the History Department at the University of Nevada, Reno. Collection contains a bound copy of Russell Elliott's Ph.D. in History thesis from University of California, Berkeley in 1946.
Hugh Shamberger was the first director of the Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources and a Nevada mining camp history enthusiast. Lorena E. Meadows was the author of a book on her family's history in Nevada. Collection contains a letter and envelope from Meadows to Shamberger from August 30, 1979 regarding Meadow's research, her short story on Weepah, Nevada, and her discovery of two photos from Goldfield, Nevada.
William J. Metscher grew up in Goldfield, Nevada and was actively involved in the preservation of central Nevada history. The collection contains a variety of documents collected by Metscher and created by various individuals and business in Goldfield between 1906-1916, including George Wingfield, Charles S. Thomas, and the Goldfield Consolidated Mines Company.
The Occident Divide Mining Company was established around 1921 in Goldfield, Nevada, located in the West Divide Mining District. Collection contains one blank letterhead from the Occident Divide Mining Company. Letterhead includes company name, location, and agents.
The State Bank and Trust Company was a bank based out of Carson City, Nevada with branches across the state, including in Goldfield, Nevada during the early days of the mining boom. Collection contains eight cancelled checks from the State Bank and Trust Company, Goldfield Branch, from 1904 and one document regarding services offered by the company from 1906, including acting as bankers and brokers for trading stock.
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Goldfield 4
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- Goldfield 3
- Academic theses 1
- Banks and banking -- Nevada-Goldfield 1
- Bullfrog Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Cattle -- Nevada 1
- Elko County (Nev.) -- History 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Governors -- Nevada 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada 1
- Mineral industries -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- History 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Sparks (Nev.) 1
- Sparks (Nev.) -- History 1
- Tonopah (Nev.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Goldfield Consolidated Mines Company 2
- Davis, Jackson Lee 1
- Doyle, Gerald A. 1
- Elliott, Russell R. 1
- Florence-Goldfield Mining Company 1
- Goldfield Combination Fraction Mining Company 1
- Goldfield Consolidated Milling and Transportation Company 1
- Goldfield Mine Operators' Association 1
- Gutta Percha & Rubber Mfg. Co. 1
- Jumbo Extension Mining Company 1
- Kinkaid Mining and Milling Company 1
- Meadows, Lorena Edwards 1
- Metscher, William J., 1941- 1
- Occident Divide Mining Company 1
- Shamberger, Hugh A. 1
- Sparks Family 1
- Sparks, John 1
- State Bank and Trust Company. Goldfield Branch 1
- Thomas, Charles S. (Charles Spalding), 1849-1934 1
- Tonopah Divide Mining Company 1
- Western Ore Purchasing Company 1
- Wingfield, George, 1876-1959 1 ∧ less